Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Writer's Block


My candle burned, waiting for the
words.
My pen sat staring at me.
White paper lay in anticipation .
I had so many things I wanted to tell you, so
many
beautiful things to say, but the words were
lost.
I looked for them in the corners,
but all I
found
were old marbles and
cobwebs.
The candle flickered
as if to remind me of its presence.
I wanted to tell you how you made me
feel
like the color pink, with tiny hints of
blue.
Like the color of
almost happy.
I wanted to tell you that you made me feel like the
rain, when it falls quietly, leaving your
skin
cold.
I played with the marbles but
nothing came to
mind,
so I made paper
airplanes as the
candle whispered something
to the pen.


c06sew "Here I am"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite.